Topic

Overnight trip in Voss Norway

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Overnight trip in Voss Norway

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bart van Schendel

@nordicbiker

Locale: Voss - Norway

In the last 3 years I've been on overnight trips once a month in the area around the small village of Voss in Norway. These trips last 24 hours or less. Often I'm leaving early in the evening and returning the next morning. By doing so I can spend time being outdoors and still have time for my family. In wintertime I use skis or snowshoes and in the other seasons I walk or ride my mountainbike.

hiking in Voss Norway

This photo was taken on the 22nd of August on my latest overnight trip. I was together with a friend and we had planned to hike a mountainrange (a part of it is shown on this picture). There is no trail up there, and the weather turned bad at the end of the day. More bad weather was expected the next day. So we decided to come down, having completed only the half part of our planned hike. Lower in a valley we camped and we hiked out the next day.

I've made a little filmreport about this hike. This can be found here:
    http://vimeo.com/14368573

joe newton
    BPL Member

@holdfast

Locale: Bergen, Norway

Great looking trip and video Bart. I love the mountains around Voss.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools