Topic

Capilene on Clearance

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Capilene on Clearance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg Foster
    BPL Member

@thefost

The older version of Capilene baselayers is on clearance at Patagonia.com . Great prices!

http://www.patagonia.com/us/search/capilene-baselayer/?k=6x&te=capilene-baselayer&Ns=SKU_PRICE_700.WWW.PATAGONIA.COM|0

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

question though, I notice in at least the Cap3 and Cap4, they have the standard bottoms, then they have "Cap 3 Midweight" and "Cap 4 Expedition" which are not on sale. What then is the difference, and why would I get the Cap3 midweight over the standard Cap4?

the other question is, ignoring cost, why would I want to go with Capilene over Wool for winter hiking? I've got a few good wool tops for winter hiking, but I only have a Cap1 bottom and so am looking to get something, is there a reason I should jump on this deal or just save up and buy Icebreaker bottoms?

thanks!

Christian Edstrom
    Spectator

@bjorn240

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Thanks. Picked up a couple pieces for my kid.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Patagonia made their new season line of Capilene a bit thicker. That is what is not on sale. As for wool, it does have its place but if you think you will be getting wet a lot, and especially for bottoms, you might not want to wear wool but something that will dry much faster.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools