Topic

the “Do it all Pack”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion the “Do it all Pack”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

John Davis

@bukidnon

I just watched the video of rucksacks being towed behind a car, and it was an impressive result for the Vapour Flash. Great fun but all they had to do for a real world test was entrust the packs to the baggage handlers at Heathrow Airport.

More seriously, has anyone noticed a water proofing issue with Dyneema. A waterproof layer noticeably peeled off my original Jam in its first year. I haven't seen that with my do-it-all Jam2 but it leaks like sieve. The water appears to be going through the fabric rather than through leaky seams. Neither Jam is in the first flush of youth but in both the Dyneema looks almost showroom condition.

Didn't Coup use a Jam for one of his Alpine-style backpacking jaunts?

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

I really like my Jam & Jam Jr (peak prototype) packs, but my vote is for the Granite Gear Vapor Trail. This is if I had to choose one pack for all of my needs.

Regards,
    John

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

Joe said "Limiting yourself to one pack? The horror………….the horror…….."

^ this :) jack of all trades, master of none

if the horror came true, I'd probably opt for a medium-ish Kifaru- if SF (not San Francisco :)) folks are using these for multi day missions in Afghanistan- they'd probably hold up for an average joe in the Rockies

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

After some careful reconsideration, my taste for quality craft brews would require me to possess a more robust pack for toting beer into the backcountry (which I currently never do), however, if I was to do so I'd opt for the ULA Epic for these reasosns: lightweight, internal framed, cushioned back panel, extremely variable and adjustable, durable. That settles it…. the ULA Epic would be my hypothetical "DO IT ALL PACK" with the MLD Exodus in a close 2nd.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools