Topic

Anyone “train” for hiking?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Anyone “train” for hiking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I started biking to work about 3 years ago….8 miles each way. What a difference that has made. I feel like I can hike all day and never tire. I practically run up slopes while hiking. It's also really made my teli-skiing stronger.

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

I train for hiking by hiking also. I pretty much do all of my hiking with my full gear load, including the 4×5 and tripod, because it helps me to stay in shape. Between hikes I also spend quite a bit of time doing martial arts, and I take advantage of the fact that I like to get a work out when I train, and therefore so do my students. ;)

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

hike everyday … with a 20 lb+ pack, uphill, off trail, scramble

its that simple …

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

I walk to work and to run errands. I day hike on weekends. That's about all the training I do. Seems to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools