Topic

BPW 0.0

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities BPW 0.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eric Fredricksen
    BPL Member

@efredricksen

Locale: Silicon Valley

If you're traveling in civilization, you can get by with a base pack weight of 0 grams (0.000 lbs). This guy is going around the world with no luggage at all:
    http://www.rtwblog.com/

Eric Fredricksen
    BPL Member

@efredricksen

Locale: Silicon Valley

Having watched some of his videos now, I can immediately see some improvements I think he could make:

– Microweight wool T-shirts rather than (his sponsors') synthetic to better deal with odor. Probably rather than 2 extras, he needs 0 extras.
    – Perhaps 1 extra pair of underwear, or no extras (wash each night), rather than 2.
    – I'm not a speedo guy, but I'd probably make an exception rather than go with no swimsuit. (Maybe declare this underwear too.)
    – Again, he's sponsored, but a tiny musette bag (man-purse) or bum bag or something seems like it'd be much nicer than the bulked-out luggage vest.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools