Topic

Overnight hike with small kids

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Overnight hike with small kids

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gustav Bostrom
    BPL Member

@gusbo

Locale: Scandinavia

Here comes a trip report from an overnight hike I did with my kids aged 3 and 5 in Lapland this year:
    http://thebearablelightness.blogspot.com/2010/09/kids-on-mountain.html
    I will probably follow-up with a gear post later.

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

I dont know where Lapland is but it is beautiful. I especially love the streams in the photos and the great lighting on the distant hill behind your tent. The boys will thank you later for this, they will tell their friends over and over that they went on a wild hike with their papa when they were just wee boys. Thanks for the pics.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Gustav,
    I enjoyed your report, and have lived through the "I want momma" and sleepless nights to make sure the kids stay warm. Our Momma would NOT be happy if I brought them home with a cold. Have you thought about putting one sleeping bag upside down to keep them completely contained?? Seriously, I agree that it's best to have a thick base layer since kids wiggle so much.

It is worth the effort, and they will cherish these photos & memories all their life. Besides…Momma probably appreciates a break with only one kid!!

Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools