Topic

Need Help with My big 4!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Need Help with My big 4!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    William Cefalu

@wcefalu

Locale: Louisiana

UL will be a reality. As stated, my recent trip I struggled with the weight, even though I thought I had lightened it tremendously..Obviously not enough.I am new to this site, and these suggestions are fantastic!!

William Cefalu

@wcefalu

Locale: Louisiana

my pace from my recent trip while carrying a much heavier load. Did the High Sierra Trail from Sequoia to Whitney and struggled somewhat on the climbs. I find all the suggestions made in response to my post very helpful, and will take the advice to get all my gear together, make a final list, then select the appropriate pack…

THANKS

Dan Healy

@electricpanda

Locale: Queensland

Be careful also on food weights… listening to 65kg (143lb) folks talk about their 750g per day (24oz)may be a tough ask for an 82kg (180lb) fella… who may use about 1kg (2.2lb) of food per day and motor along pretty well.
    When it comes to weight carried it may be a better idea to go for a certain percentage of body weight.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

There is some built-in differential for size with clothing, sleeping bag and pack. My daughter is like a size 2 and can pack a weeks worth of clothes in the space I need for my socks :)

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools