Topic

Pack Recomendation

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    carl becker
    Spectator

@carlbecker

Locale: Northern Virginia

I use a Aarn Marathon Magic 33 and carry about 22 pounds. All the weight is on my hips and the balance ft to rear is also very good. It is the most comfortable pack I have tried.

Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA
    Patricia Combee

@trailfrog

Locale: Northeast/Southeast your call

If you are interested in an External, check out the LuxuryLite packs. The regular pack with 3 cylinders weighs about 36 ounces; they do have a version that uses Cuben Fiber for the cylinders. It weighs 1 1/2 pounds. The pack transfers ALL the weight to your hips. Not sure if it would meet your needs, but I might be worth checking out.
    Web address is: http://www.luxurylite.com

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

I too have a couple bad disks but no bone fusion, as of yet. I use a modified GosamerGear Miniposa with a hip belt and large sized waste pockets. This keeps most weight low and fairly well balanced. Near as I can tell, about 5 pounds on my shoulders out of 17 total pack weight. I am also about your age. Just my ha'penny's worth…
    jdm

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools