Topic

The new headnets on the home page

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The new headnets on the home page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    David Bonn

@david_bonn

Locale: North Cascades

Well, I’ve used mine for a couple of weeks now and I’m pretty happy.

There is one constructive suggestion, though.

Make a variant of this that is really large. Like long enough to go to my knees and keep both my hands inside. And put some (small) loops on the elastic at the top.

Why?

Well, I could eat and drink inside it when the bugs were really bad. And the loops at the top could be used to attac it to a tarp. So you’d have a really spiffy (and large) “headnet” that you could also use as a bugshelter under a tarp.

Just a thought.

Oh, and on the vapr bivy sack the hood tie-out should be on the main body so it would be easier to slither into the bivy.

James E Naphas
    Spectator

@naphas

Funny, must be a bad year for both rattlers AND bugs in the grand canyon of the tuolumne. Was there last week, a bug headnet was still almost a required item, unless you were planning to use inhaled gnats as a source of protein. Had a western diamondback go off from under an overhang about two feet from my foot in a shady section, and most of the people I spoke with going through there had had a similar encounter. Would have really appreciated the enhanced breathability over an OR version; a lot of the time your choice was to suffocate from the bugs or suffocate from the heat with the headnet on. And at the price of $14.95 I found to buy an OR springnet for my son, the cost for the BMW version doesn’t sound too unreasonable to me now.

Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

I saw the Sea To Sea headnet at the Tuolumne Meadows Store for $8. S2S claims that it is 1.3 oz. The openness of the mesh is similar to the BPL product. Looks like a heavier, equally breathable, much cheaper option.

<http://seatosummit.com/products/display/9&gt;

Ron Gruening

@rgruening

Have any of you looked at this site http://www.concealmentindustries.com/ I have used one for many outdoor activities and find it to be the BEST.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools