Topic

Anyone been up to Yolla Bolly lately?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Anyone been up to Yolla Bolly lately?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Cheese

@defrag4

Planning a 2 night trip out there this weekend on the Ides Cove Loop

Ive been reading some old reports of water being scarce out there this time of year.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I've never been. Have you been before? With all the trailheads a long drive on Forest Service roads you could go to the Trinity Alps in the same or less time. Plenty of water there. I am curious about the Yolla's though. I live in Fortuna near Hwy 36. Could be real hot in the Yolla Bollys this weekend. Have a great trip .

Jim Carr

@jcarr

Locale: Humboldt County

I went into the Yolla Bolly's in June of 09 along soldier ridge. Water was available at a couple of small ponds and springs but that was early June. The springs were nice and cold and looked to be year round but I would carry a little extra.

Jeff Sheldon

@jeff1234

Interested in hearing if you made it out on the Ides Cove Loop or if anyone has reached this area via coming in from the west from Soldier Ridge? My son and I have ventured in the Solomon Peak area the last couple years in July and planning on connecting into trails to the north and/or east next summer. Similar unmarked rugged terrain on the Ides Cove area and lack of people?2010 Trip

Chuck Cheese

@defrag4

Yep we made it out there, It was an awesome trip. Beautiful remote country, did not see a soul for 3-days. It was about 20 miles of dirt road to get to the trailhead. We came up I-5 to Coming, got off at Coming and headed towards Paskenta (Ranger station) then headed up into Mendicino National Forest. Get good maps, there is a zillion forest roads out there and I recall the one we needed to take to get to the trailhead wasnt clearly marked.

Was plenty of water when I went, Not sure how it is now in the winter time.

Jeff Weston
    BPL Member

@nudeswimmer

Has anyone been to South Eastern Yolla Bolly recently? All the reports I am finding are years old.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools