Topic

a piece of Cuben

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear a piece of Cuben

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe L
    BPL Member

@heyyou

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr

What stock number at Cubic Tech is Cuben described as 49 inches by 14.5 feet and the piece weighs 7 ounces? My math shows 36 grams per m*2. Is that the CT3.5K.08 listed at 35.4 g/m*2?

Joshua Gray
    BPL Member

@coastalhiker

Yes, the CT3.5K.08. It is 35.4g/m2. I do believe you need to order in lengths of 9m if you order directly from Cubic Tech.

Joe L
    BPL Member

@heyyou

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr

BPL-Shop-Accessories-Bulk Fabric-Cuben had the cuben piece listed and not marked as "Sold" as some other fabrics were marked. Being naive I thought that meant that piece was for sale in the BPL SHOP. Noooooo, it is "out of stock".
    Somehow, some fabric items have been sold while others are simply out of stock. The nuances of the situation still escape me. Perhaps BPL has ordered more pieces that are exactly 49" by 14.5', when the roll is 54" wide.
    That is possible but seems a little unlikely.

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Hi,

Years ago when I first started using Cuben Fiber it only came in 48" – 49" width.

It is now made in 54".

If someone has 49" width it may be some of the older Cuben Fiber.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools