Topic

Stoic Blisses for $20

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Stoic Blisses for $20

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

heck of a deal on half-zip merino tops (with thumb loops!) My small weighs just under 7.5 oz, and I love that thing; I'm buying another for sure.
    Of course, the arms are on the long side, but I can deal with that.

http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/Stoic-Merino-Bliss-Shirt-Long-Sleeve-Mens/SIC0010M.html

They're Lightish Weight puffies are around $50 right now, too, but I've heard they have some quality control and fit issues.

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

Thanks man.. exactly what i was looking for. I hate overly long sleeves, but whatever, for $20.

Scott Ireland
    BPL Member

@winterwarlock

Locale: Western NY

Nice – I have some of their softshell pants, and they have been fantastic!!

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Daniel – thanks for the heads up on this. Since they have no mediums left what do you think of the small on someone 5'8" and 140lbs?

Morgan Rucks
    BPL Member

@rucksmtr

thanks for the heads up. I also found an xxl montbell alpine light parka for 122. stoked

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

Nathan, methinks small should be great. I'm 5'4, and the bottom of the hem goes well past my waist; usually I tuck it in if I'm trekking.

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Locale: Washington, DC Area

How does these sizes run?

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

I think there are lots of larger sizes available. If you read the reviews, seems like they're made for lanky dudes.

However, they look pretty slick, and for $20, even if you're horrible at sewing it's not going to sting that much by trying to shorten the length of sleeves/torso and doing a hack job of it.

Seems to me the torso is going to be on the long side, and the sleeves definitely longer than usual.

Luckily i have an aunt who re-upholstered my car when I was a poor teen w/a $600 car.

The comparable icebreaker shirt I was considering was at least $100. I find lightweight merino wool feels/looks good tight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools