Topic

yearly goal – having a laugh

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique yearly goal – having a laugh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

at the end of last year i set the goal of 500 miles and 25 nights on the trail in 2010. at this point i have 12 miles and zero nights.

i don't think it's possible for me to make it. there is no way i can do 125 miles per month, so much for goals.

anyone else have a healthy dose of reality smack their goals about?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Its better to at least HAVE goals and attempt them rather than not have any.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

If you don't have any goals, how will you know if you are successful?

–B.G.–

Jarod Fleming

@flemdawg1

Locale: SE US

That's only 4 miles/ per day. Quit your job, leave the family, PRIORITIES MAN! :-)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

My New Year resolution is not to make one. Haven't failed as yet.
    Franco

tkkn c
    BPL Member

@tkknc

Locale: Desert Rat in the Southwest

Change your goal!

Make it 25 nights, and the miles will follow

By the way ,my goal is 52 nights in the field per year. I rarely make it, but I have fun trying.

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

i like that idea – worry more about getting out and not how far i traveled. next year 25 nights is pretty doable, esp. if i take my oldest out and have some backpacking fun with him. he's good for 5 miles max.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

This year I set no goals. So anything I do is stellar. Hahhah!

The highlight of my year was March 27th when I walked a whopping 1.10 miles after not being allowed to walk/hike for about 20 weeks. Oh yeah, I smoked it at like 4 mph ;-) (That was 3 days after giving birth to my 2nd child)

Outside of 3 long dayhikes so far where baby Walker stayed home I am hauling the baby so my miles are short. 3-4 miles of hauling him is not easy. He is a big baby, in a front carrier.

But hey….as long as one gets out that is all that matters! :-) I am having a blast having no goals!

This summer on a full-on touron trail having fun:

Photobucket

Walking yet another touron trail at Rainier:

Photobucket

You know you have no goals when simply going to altitude for baby's first time is an exciting day ;-P

Photobucket

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Sarah – that is AWESOME!

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Mine wasn't quite so dramatic but after my first BP trip last summer (11 days solo in the Smokies), I figured I'd easily get at least a few other trips done in a year (some with one or more of my sons), but finally made my second trip a month ago. This coming year SHOULD be much better. LOL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools