Topic

Fly Creek 2 – Seattle – REI Bargain Basement

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Fly Creek 2 – Seattle – REI Bargain Basement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I just walked back from REI for lunch and saw a returned Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 for $165 in the bargain basement.

The return slip said, 'Used several times, too noisy'

Claudia Garren
    Spectator

@spirit4earth

Locale: North Carolina

If I lived in Seattle, I'd snap it up!

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

So if the tent is too quiet you can take it back right?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Damn those un-soundproofed tents!

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

Perhaps you could make a tent out of this for better sound proofing?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Ooh! I'm on it!

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

Nice. Any Copper Spur UL1s there being listed as too noisy as well? Would love to find one of those at that price ;). I will tell you that the NeoAir on a wooden floored shelter is quite the noisemaker too! Too bad I live in the black hole of REI stores (midwest).

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

It is people like that who are going to be the end of REI super good return policy.

Anonymous

Have you ever heard that stuff when it snaps Bender? It's worse than Spinn. ;”,jdempsey”

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I just noticed someone in Gear Swap selling a Fly Creek 1 for $250 that they picked up at REI garage sale. That typically means the basement. All gear is half price in the basement. The seller has the possiblility of making money off his purchase. Maybe I should walk back, pick up the tent for $165 + tax, and sell it for $250?

I couldn't do that. Maybe sell it to someone on this site for $165 + tax + shipping? That would make someone happy.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

looks like it sold for 185 which is very fair. i believe the seller should be paid for getting the good deal and passing it along. things have a way of working themselves out.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I love the REI Bargain Basement. Just reading the tags is great entertainment— whining on a grand scale.

I got a pair of Leki poles for $10 that just needed a $4.75 expander. I was kidding the cashier about working the customer service desk in Schwarzenegger mode: "Yoo zissy! Yoo can't be a girly man undt climb mountains" [slap].

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

I was at one a few weeks ago and one item I picked up was a day pack that had to be 10 years old and just beat to hell with multiple holes. Looked at the tag and it said "Broken zipper". And the zipper was broken. But I told the clerk that was one of the most ridiculous things I'd ever seen. And he just shrugged and said they don't question it. I have a REI day pack that's I've had less than 2 years. I noticed some holes in the bottom so I threw some tenacious tape over them. I wouldn't consider returning it. Besides the tape add character!

At the same sale I did score a Yakima Skybox that sells for $350 for $30! Someone had drilled out the locks where they mount to the plastic. All I have to do is pop rivet them back on. Can't beat that! Also got a used Ensolite pad for my dog that came out to 43 cents but they couldn't ring up something that small so they threw it in.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

"Yoo zissy! Yoo can't be a girly man undt climb mountains" [slap].

HAHA!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools