Topic

Marmot Ion; Really Pertex?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Marmot Ion; Really Pertex?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Just bought a Marmot Ion, in Real Red.

Happy with the weight, but I can’t find anything on it that says Pertex, and Real Red isn’t a listed colour on the Marmot website.

It has Marmot tags etc, but I’m pretty sure all the Montane jackets I looked at had a Pertex tag attatched.

The jacket I have is a fairly shiny ripstop.

So, do I have the real McCoy, or should I be sending it back?

Thanks, Rod

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Locale: Great Lakes

I have one as well and didn’t see a Pertex label on it. The style and color of the jacket I have seem to match the jacket as shown on the marmot website exactly though. Still I feel you are raising a valid question. I think I might e-mail the company and see what they have to say.

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

I have a Marmot Ion as well as a Montane Aero. The Aero has pertex tags and prints all over it and it is definitly marketed as a Pertex Quantum jacket. The Ion is more marketed as a Marmot jacket than as a pertex Quantum jacket.
    I compared both jackets and the fabric looks and feels the same. In my opinion the Ion is definitly a Quantum jacket.
    They both feel very nice to the skin and they both breathe extremely well.
    I like them both.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Thanks guys. Once again the forum has come up with the goods.
    Based on your responses, and Colin Kelley’s info here

Hooded Windshells

I’m guessing I’m pretty safe to assume it’s the real thing.
    Just to be clear, I’m not questioning whether Marmot made a Pertex Ion, just whether or not I received one. I was assuming that the use of Pertex required the adding of labeling, much the same as that other famous ….tex.

FWIW it looks as these may be on the way out again. There are a few good deals online at around the $55 mark if anyone has been holding off on them (Like you’ll see I have if you check out Colin’s post.

Thanks again, Rod

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

My guess is maybe they just lost the Pertex hang tags somewhere. I think I remember seeing them with my Ion, but I don’t remember exactly. But if it looks like an Ion and acts like an Ion…
    -Mark

Andrew Robbins

@andyroo_7

Rod, I’m pretty sure that your Ion is made of Quantum – I thought that last summer they had made them in red, blue and yellow.

Just found a link that still works to last years catalogue…

http://s05.marmot.com/products/product.php?cat=cloth&subcat=13&style_id=F8065

-Andy

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Thanks Andy, that probably clears it up then. It would also explain the price.

Now I just have to take it out for a run.

Rod

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools