Topic

New Zealand / West Coast Canada wilderness camping exchange

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips New Zealand / West Coast Canada wilderness camping exchange

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Chris Nott
    Spectator

@chrisn

Locale: Canada west coast

I am flying to New Zealand at the end of October and spending 5 months there. I'll be on the north island before Christmas and on the south after. I'd like to do a lot of hiking (tramping) while I'm there and know that there are several world-renowned tracks. My specialty, though, is off-trail multiday wilderness camping trips and I'd like to do some of that too. I know that I don't have time to build the level of knowledge that I'd need about NZ to know where the best out-of-the-way destinations are – it's taken me a decade to discover all my favorite locations around where I live. I'll need the expert advice that only a local with the same appreciation for these types of locations and trips would have.

Therefore, I'd like to propose a hiking exchange: you take me to some of your adventurous, off-trail favorites in NZ and I will reciprocate when you travel to Canada's west coast. I've written up a (longish) description of my hiking style including some photos of places I like to go to here in British Columbia which can be found at https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1e-uqmpCpNlbMggqDMzfjjJb55ibEBDKPSVPouII0tdo&hl=en&authkey=CKjeiscN

If you are interested, PM me and we'll take it from there.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools