Topic

update harness on old old kelty pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear update harness on old old kelty pack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amanda L

@astickfigure

I have an ancient external frame kelty pack.I allready replaced waist belt. It is really light so I'm thinking about adding new shoulder straps. so it will fit better and not pull on my shoulders like it does now. Any one tried this? what should I keep in mind? any tips?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I have a couple old Kelty externals. What is light? Have you weighed it?

To answer your question, you might be able to get replacements/upgrades through Kelty. A16 used to make replacement/upgraded belts and straps.

Tom Holbrook
    BPL Member

@zandar

Locale: Central Coast of California

Amanda,

I too have an old Kelty, the D4, that I purchased when I was in High School…many moons ago.

My zippers were stuck and failing, all padding was hard with age, so I called Kelty to discuss. They said, "Send it in and we will fix it for free, lifetime warranty". So I did and they gave me a new updated set of sholder pads, new updated waist belt, fixed the zipper, added a new Kelty triangle logo, etc…

All in all, a great company and worth contacting them for a possible solution.

Z.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

You might also be able to purchase a set of straps on ebay. I bought some lovely Arc'teryx Bora straps last week for very little, brand new. A little sewing and they'd likely fit onto your pack fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools