Topic

Tee Pee tent pole

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tee Pee tent pole

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erick Panger
    BPL Member

@eggs

Locale: Mid Life

I don't often hike with trekking poles so that is not an option for the Tee Pee.

So I'm in search of a Carbon fiber pole. Most of the ones I find for a typical tent I think might not be stiff enough due to their diameter.

I found a source for a carbon pole which should

http://www.graphitestore.com/itemDetails.asp/spcat_id/2/cat_id/34/prd_id/99/item_id/1385work

I'm now in search of ferrules.

My questions are

Does anyone have a source for ferrules

Is this pole over sized. They offer small ID.

Is this even the right carbon layup for the job.

No weights are listed on the site but I think I can lose 8 ounces over the stock 13 ounce Golite center pole.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

We will have an adjustable carbon fiber pole in a few days, they are in route.

4 , 24" sections (including ferrels). It adjusts from 50" to 87 " ft in one inch increments. 9 ounces. No shockcording.

We are updating website today.

Let me know if you need more information.

http://seekoutside.com/accesories.html

Erick Panger
    BPL Member

@eggs

Locale: Mid Life

I only need 69" so can this still be used as adjustable with only 3 sections. Or is the adjustability the sections them self.

I'll be your first customer what is the cost. 5 ounces is not as big a savings as I was hoping but it's a start

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

You can remove one section if you only need 59" and that will save about 2 ounces. So the saving would be 7 ounces.

It's a strong pole, about the same size as the golite pole or expedition easton with a thicker wall.

Pricing is on the site. If you don't need one section we can reduce it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools