Topic

Curried Bean Pate – accompaniments?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Curried Bean Pate – accompaniments?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shannon Woody
    BPL Member

@swoodyut

Locale: The Front Range

Hi again everyone,

Headed out this weekend and am excited to try out a few recipes inspired by a couple of the regular posters / authors around here.

I'd like to incorporate Laurie Ann March's Curried Bean Pate into a lunch wrap, and am thinking some kind of crunchy slaw-like topping would be nice. Anyone have a thought on something that would pair nicely with the strong curry flavors?

Thanks!
    Shannon

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I think it would go nicely with a good German beer.

–B.G.–

Shannon Woody
    BPL Member

@swoodyut

Locale: The Front Range

B.G – can't say that's not tempting ;-)

Now you've got me thinking beer-cheese soup and a nice rye bread. Both somewhat hard to replicate in the backcountry :).

Zachary Zrull

@zackcentury

Locale: Great Lakes

it sounds like that pate will turn out like hummus, so I think it would be good with onion, tomato, tahini, cilantro and/or parsley, and bell peppers.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Maybe this?

Century Portable Toilet – 2.8 Gallon
    http://www.rei.com/product/740513

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Thinly sliced apple might work….

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

Cabbage keeps forever, if you have some little ones or maybe even brussel sprouts and slice them up. I ate a hundred cabbage salads living without refrigeration in costa rica. Also we shredded carrots a lot.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I'd be apt to follow Zachary's advice… chicken would be a good addition as well. I might have to play around with it.

Sorry I was late on this one… I've been a little busy (see the chaff forum section)… lol.

For the really adventurous… Daikon Radish Sprouts… but that requires a little effort.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools