Topic

Nano Puff

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Nano Puff

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Green

@antgreen

Locale: Reading - UK

Folks,

My birthday coming up, and I have my eye on an insulation layer.

Currently have the following:
    Patagonia Down Jacket – Weighs about 22oz
    Arc'Teryx Gamma SV – Weighs about 20oz
    Patagonia R Fleece – Weighs about 15oz

I'd like either a Nano Puff or a Montbell.

How do you rate the nano puff hoody over the jacket – would save me carrying a hat. I like the fact it's synthetic as I live in the UK and it rains a lot – if my sleeping bag was compromised due to getting damp, I could wear the nano puff.

But I also like the Montbell UL Down Inner Parker, and the EX light down jacket.

Any of the above is a good weight saving over what I have, so I don't necessarily want to go for the lightest – I'm looking for the most versatile piece for the UK climate.

Any views…?

Erick Panger
    BPL Member

@eggs

Locale: Mid Life

I wish it had hand pockets and I wish it was full zipper. I assume those all would add weight so it's a compromise I guess. Isn't everything.

But for wet or damp environments it is my go to light weight jacket. My other choice is the Patagonia down sweater.

Philip Maynard
    Spectator

@autoxfil

I have the Hoody and love it. I used it on Mt. Adams in pretty cold and windy conditions and it was very warm. It's also an excellent sleeping layer, partly due to the snug fitting hood.

Weight of my medium is only 12.5oz.

The fit is great, not as wide as a Micropuff. I'm 6' 155lb and its wide enough to layer under, but no more.

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Locale: Washington, DC Area

I have a Patagonia NanoPuff (hoodless version) XXL that weighs in at 12 oz. I love it and is my go to insulation for all but about 2 months out of the year when I need something just a tad warmer.

Philip Maynard
    Spectator

@autoxfil

Here's me on Adams. Note the significant loft, snug hood, and overall fit. I could have cinched down the waist, but hadn't in that photo. Underneath is just a merino T and Houdini (blue poking out the hood).

Nanopuff Hoody on Mt. Adams

Anthony Green

@antgreen

Locale: Reading - UK

Great photo – the Nano Puff Hoody has won!!

I've read a lot about the Houdini on here – very light. I have what I believe is a Patagonia High Velocity jacket, about 4 oz – no hood – anyone else seen or owned one of these…?

Nobody You Know

@dirtbagliving

Locale: Colorado

Nano Pullover on sale on Patagonia.com right now. Like $90

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools