Topic

WM Highlite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) WM Highlite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Charlie Dangerfield

@stueyd

Trying to locate the best place to buy one of these it will need to be shipped to AUS.

Best price I have found in Aus is $549

Thanks in advance

Cameron Semple

@cams

Locale: Brisbane, Australia

Back Country Gear sell them and say they ship internationally. I haven't bought from them personally though. Have been considering one of these myself recently.

Fade Fade
    BPL Member

@0fade0

I have bought gear from these guys before and they very kindly pass the shipping fees on at cost. But unfortunately due to contracts with the following brands, they are unable to ship any of their products outside the US.

# Western Mountaineering
    # Cascade Designs
    # MSR
    # ArcTeryx
    # Hilleberg (everywhere except Europe, Japan, and Hong Kong)
    # ThermaRest
    # Patagonia
    # Platypus
    # SealLine
    # Tracks

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Lots of US retailers will happily ship you gear in Australia that their website says can't be shipped internationally. Lots of experience here.

If you're looking for WM, you might like to try Hermit's Hut. They regularly have a free international shipping deal on WM. That will save you in the order of US$40-$50 straight away. Considering that WM aren't often on sale, it's not a bad deal.

Rod

Mark Fowler
    BPL Member

@kramrelwof

Locale: Namadgi

Hi

I picked a brand new WM Highlite up 2 years ago on the US eBay site US$248 (approx AU$280) won the bidding and postage was reasonable (approx $20). I also bought a top of the range REI bag for my partner on US eBay as well – far cheaper than Australian retailers. I really don't bother with the local retailers any more apart from maps and minor items.

It is also worth checking out UK retailers for gear. A short Neoair cost me AU$150 all up from Webtogs rather than $250+ in Australia. UK retailers don't appear to have the same "do not ship to" rules as the US retailers and often the postage is cheaper.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools