Topic

Putting the BPL Stealth Nano to the Test

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Putting the BPL Stealth Nano to the Test

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Chris Wallace and I were in transit between Jackson, WY and Salt Lake City last weekend and camped out along the Snake River. We had just driven through a storm that was pouring down massive quantities of rain and as we pulled into the USFS camp of choice we opted to pitch up our shelters fast in the event the storm reached us.

Chris - Stealth Nano

We had just enough time to fire up the alky stove, make some grub, and enjoy a tall can of Pabst before the rain came. Fortunately it's wasn't the deluge we'd just driven through, but it quickly proceeded to ramp up into a hail storm kicking down 1/4" hail pellets. Chris and I were both comfortably relaxing under our cuben Stealth Nano tarps and curious as to how well they'd hold up. Fortunately the material and craftsmanship of the shelters stood up to the test. The hail came down for a good ten minutes with rain and very, very heavy wind on either side. I sat up, cross-legged style sipping my PBR and eating Fritos all the while giggling at how much I love being out in a storm under a tarp. After the storm a double rainbow (oh my god *wink wink*) came out and I captured a nice photo of the tarps – but only with one rainbow.

Stealth Nano - Rainbow

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

A DOUBLE RAINBOW?!!!? What does it mean?

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

I think I can also make out a "Double Nano!"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools