Topic

Wind River Range

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Wind River Range

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Groth
    BPL Member

@rgfooter

Locale: Wisconsin

We began our journey at New Forks trailhead in the Wind River Range of Wyoming. Despite what you might think, there is water everywhere!River to Nowhere Lozier Lake Basin Lozier Lake basinThe other really awesome aspect is that the wildflowers have only two months to bloom and they do it all at once.Wildflowers More Wild Flowers New Fork flowersOur rest stop, Clark Lake, awaits in the distance.Clark Lake Evening at Clark Lake Clark lakeView of Green River Valley at sunset. Green River Valley sunsetThe trails were easy to follow, Leslie on the trail Green River pass Green River Passthe nights were cool and relatively bug free.Evening shadows Rim Lake viewed from Penny Lake notch Rim LakeWe had an excellent time!Ron & Leslie

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

Wicked photos dude, I'm sure they don't do the scenery justice but thanks for sharing.

That area (Wind River Range) is on the top of my list, your photos cemented that sentiment.

Are the bugs normally bad?

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Great photos. Looked like a fantastic hike.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Wow, thank you for those images, I needed a mountain fix. It's absolutely beautiful up there in Wyoming.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Great pictures. I am pumped because we are headed there next week. Elkhart trailhead.

Ronald Groth
    BPL Member

@rgfooter

Locale: Wisconsin

I guess bugs are relative, we are from wisconsin, the bugs situation here this summer is horrible. i did not use any deet during the hike, so i guess the bugs were not bad. I have read reports that the bugs can be bad.

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

OK, I see what you mean by relative. Yeah the bugs are horrible this year in those parts (the flies were the worst I've ever experienced).

Looked like a great trip. Maybe I'll get to do it early fall this year.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

makes me want to take another trip up there before winter kicks in.

from my trips up there, the mosquitoes can be bad below 10k feet in the winds. above that, i find that its relatively bug free.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools