Topic

Gear List Critique

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Gear List Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Smith
    BPL Member

@wrongturn

Locale: The Soda

This list is for good weather fall weekend trips in Southern Virginia on the AT.

Looking to cut out some more weight, and would appreciate any help. I know there is some fluff to my list like a trip journal and pencil, my camera, but I'm looking to cut weight from my major stuff, so that I can still keep these couple of luxury items.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AotcvKSWY-FbdFg0dXZISXRSXzZtVWdaREpYV2VpSEE&hl=en&authkey=CMbym_IO

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

Not that it would save much weight but I'd leave the following at home:
    Jetboil Tripod
    MSR Packlite (use your Buff instead)
    Spare Batteries

You could swap the Tyvek ground sheet for polycro. You could also swap the GG Thinlite Pad and NeoAir Short for a Prolite XS, but that might be less comfortable…

Jacob Smith
    BPL Member

@wrongturn

Locale: The Soda

I would use the buff, except that I wear it to bed if it gets real cold at night as a balaclava, and would rather not have food and grime on it if I have to wear it. I might try a disposable mechanic brawny paper towel instead as it is disposable, burnable, and lighter.

I'll try the canister stove without the tripod canister support.

I'm notorious for falling asleep with my headlamp on while reading, and running the batteries out on my E-lite. I always carry the one set of backup batteries for when this happens.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools