Topic

Need Partner-Remote Kings Middle Fork 11-day epic 8/27-9/6

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Need Partner-Remote Kings Middle Fork 11-day epic 8/27-9/6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Keio Ogawa
    BPL Member

@keioogawa

Locale: Sequoia National Park

Fri 8/27-Labor Day 9/6 Seeking partner for 11-day BP in the most remote and least visited areas of Kings Canyon NP! 2 options: on-trail, or with some XC.

On-trail: Cedar Grove / Pinchot Pass / Mather Pass / Middle Fork Kings (MF Kings) / Tehipite Valley / Wishon Res.

Trail + XC: Cedar Grove / Granite Basin / Cirque Crest High Route / Cartridge Pass / Mather Pass / Middle Fork Kings (MF Kings) / Tehipite Valley / Wishon Res.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

I did most of your option 2. It has my favorite place in the Sierra, Marion Lake. You are in for a treat.

Peter Alpert

@palpert

I'd really like to do a trip like this but need to come out by Sep. 4 to catch a plane on Sep. 5. Would it be possible to shift the dates a couple of days earlier? I've done a lot of backpacking in the Sierra, including Cartridge Pass and 11-night trips, and worked on a bunch of Sierra Club trips and also a bit for Sequoia Park before becoming a university biologist. I'm 57, and it sounds like you're a little stronger than I am now, but I still like 2-3rd class scrambling and climbing and should be good for, say, 13-mile moves on trail and can certainly go cross-country. If this sounds like it might not slow you down too much, would you please email me at [email protected] to discuss further?

Keio Ogawa
    BPL Member

@keioogawa

Sorry for the delay, been on a 6-day in Blackcap Basin/Bench Valley. I will email you, and we can talk! Keep those posts coming, thanks!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

PMed you… 8/27 to 9/5

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

I'd be interested in tagging along on part of the trip, if there is room. It looks like a great trek.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I PM you Anthony…

Keio Ogawa
    BPL Member

@keioogawa

I found a partner for a 10-day trip, leaving tomorrow, but in a completely different area.
    So I am still looking for s.o. who wants to go up (or down) the Middle Fork of the Kings, perhaps late this season or even next year. Including some XC, maybe along the Monarch Divide using Cartridge Pass. Or that could be 2 different trips. I'll be gone for 10 days, will respond when I get back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools