Topic

Updated Gearlist

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Updated Gearlist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Warren Maslowski

@cqber

Locale: Southeast

This is mostly the gear I took to Philmont, and it's time I lightened some stuff. Now the Tent isn't going away, I usually take a hammock for summer stuff and during cooler months I split the tent with someone in my crew. Along with the tent, the sleeping bag isn't going away either. I plan on getting a ULA Circuit and along with other things dropping the Nalgenes. Gearlist on profile.

Forgot to mention, I do most of my backpacking in East TN and surrounding states in Fall/Winter/Some Spring.

Chris Gray
    Spectator

@chrisfol

Locale: Denver, Coloado

Your list is confusing at best. It appears that half your weights are either missing or they are items that you are not bringing.

From the limited info you provided:

-Nix the mug and cup (4.6oz) and pick up something like the MSR Titan or SP 600 and save over 2oz.

-I can't believe that you do not treat or filter your water?

-Nalgenes are HEAVY. Consider soft sided Platypus' bottles. Save 10oz or so.

-Rain jacket is almost twice as heavy as some of the lighter option out there.

-Nix the cards and TP
    -Headlamp is heavy.
    -Nix the spare batteries. Put fresh ones in before you leave
    -Firestarters are OTT– stick with a mini bic and matches.

Your list is incomplete and thus it is impossible to really help you.

Warren Maslowski

@cqber

Locale: Southeast

Sorry about the empty spots. I just haven't gotten around to weighing somethings, I also know nalgenes are heavy and I AM going to replace them very soon. And as for treatment, I probably should have said that I do pretty much all my backpacking with my dad who always carries the treatment. I haven't weighed my worn stuff because it varies everytime I go out. The rain jacket is my bombproof jacket, and I'm working on a replacement. Again sorry about the incompleteness just thought I'd put it up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools