Topic

Magnesium Flint for $1.49 shipped

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Magnesium Flint for $1.49 shipped

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

Meritline.com offers this Wilderness Survival Flint Striker for $3.19. Coupon code "MLCK600702072853NL1" cuts it to $1.49. Coupon expires after 1,000 uses.

Flint is from china so it takes 2 weeks to ship, but should be fine. ive ordered stuff from meritline before. will let you know how brittle it is for 1.49, but at that price, it justifies its price in magnesium shavings alone…

Derek Kind
    BPL Member

@berethorn

Thanks for the tip! I picked up a couple of flints, a cheap LED light, and a very cheap remote that may or may not work with my camera. =)

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

i have the cheap 5 led light w/ magnet on back. not bad for that price but wont work in the rain. also have a waterproof stuff sac from them i paid 3.55 for. gotta love direct from china. not the best quality, but good enough.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

yea, I've ordered lots from meritline, only ever had one issue which they resolved quickly and easily, no complaints whatsoever.

I have an older version of their "tent" light, two actually, they're great for car camping and the one I have has a "disco" mode which is always fun =D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools