Topic

Need some new hiking shoes for Wide feet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Need some new hiking shoes for Wide feet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Vito

@winefood

Locale: Northern California

My Montrail Hardrocks are toast and I need a replacement. It seems the shoes that Columbia is churning out are similar in name only. My feet are flat and between e and double ee. So far I haven't found a comfortable replacement my old favorites. I went to REI and tried the Oboz and Keene Voyagers, but they weren't quite right. I am looking for an all nylon shoe with no GoreTex because shoes like that have superior breathability and dry quickly. Any suggestions would really be appreciated!! I live in the Sonoma County and tried to really good Outdoor stores, but no luck so far!!

Thanks!!

Any suggestions

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I have the same problem and went through the same hunt. I finally went to a New Balance store and got measured for the first time. I'm a 4E in width. I bought there MT910 trail running shoe and have been hiking on them for a few months. I'll never go back to hiking boots. Look at the MT910, MT909 or MT876. A review was done here for the MT876 (I believe) not to long ago.

Will Webster

@willweb

I recently bought a pair of Asolo Outriders from STP and almost gave up on them because they felt sloppy-wide on my feet. After the first hike I tried tightening the laces at mid-foot before I cinched them at the top and that did the trick. They're nice and light and once I figured out how to operate the laces I like them almost as much as my Inov8s. You might want to give them a try.

Lawrence Vito

@winefood

Locale: Northern California

I read about those shoes but there web site doesn't list any stores around here that carry them. What model do you like and where did you get them? online?

Thanks!

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

I picked up a pair of Patagonia Tsali trail runners a few weeks ago and have used them for twenty miles of hiking and a similar amount of running so far. They're ~20oz a pair and really comfortable. I barefoot run and my feet are widening as a result, and these still fit great. Worth checking out.

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/product/patagonia-footwear-mens-tsali-lightweight-running-shoe?p=79672-0-155

Sunny Waller
    BPL Member

@dancer

Locale: Southeast USA

Try a running shoe store. They have the expertice and the equipment to find a good fit for your foot and they sell trail runners. My foot is very wide with a high arch and I went in there to get some tennis shoes. I had no idea they sold trail shoes and I love the ones they fitted me with. They were also cheaper :)

Scott Bentz
    BPL Member

@scottbentz

Locale: Southern California

It's always been New Balance for me since they have widths.

Will Webster

@willweb

I picked up a pair of 300s on closeout from Sierra Trading Post a few weeks ago. Unfortunately all they have left is size 7.5 mens, and you need to size up 1/2 size. Zappos has a good selection; I haven't purchased from them but I think a lot of folks on this site have.

EDIT: Lawrence, I'm not recommending the Innov8s for you; they fit my feet snugly (I'd say like a glove, but I've never owned gloves that fit my hands this well) and I take a normal width shoe. I was just mentioning in passing that while I like the Asolos they don't compare _on_my_feet_ to the Innov8s.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools