Topic

Weather conditions buy Priest Lake, Id (Pan Handle)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Weather conditions buy Priest Lake, Id (Pan Handle)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Any Idaho friends ever been to Hunt Lake just east of Priest Lake..My family and I will be there next week for a trip…Is there still snow there???? Bugs?? Fishing?? Any information much apprecieted– Thanks

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

BUMP–Timing is everything….

DSCN0300

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

Hey Jay, I have not been that far north this year but for the most part the weather has been warm, we had a really wet spring and now the mosquitoes are very thick in the mountains. Plan for day time temps near 80 and nights are likely to be in the low 40's and some spots below that. Snow should be mostly gone but for some high passes but I have run into some still muddy wet trails. I have seen some spotty snow banks on the north sides of hills above 8000 feet. Not real specific to that spot but hope it helps some.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Paul, Thanks for the info — much appreciated….I will prepare for the bugs and possible wet trails….Are bear canister required in Northern Id??

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

To my knowledge there is no area of Id that requires bear canisters but you may check with the local ranger district to see if they might recommend one. Most areas that I go to we don't take any bear precautions.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Thanks again Paul for the info!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools