Topic

RRR: spoke stakes.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear RRR: spoke stakes.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Noel Hong

@arborrider08

Locale: SouthShore of Lake Superior

Managed to misplace some pricey Ti stakes. In need for some tarp stakes before any replacements would arrive. Options were make stakes from saplings/branches and/or scrounge the "junk" pile to make some DIY stakes.

Needed to pop the unbroken spokes off a rear bicycle wheel to eventually rebuild it. Converted a few lengths into "wire" stakes. They work fine as long as you treat them like the ul Ti wire hook stakes. Pictured beside them is a MSR Needle for reference.DT 15ga spoke stakes

brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

ti windscreen

they do have a surprisingly good grip. I use these to stake down my stoves and also to make the clips which hold my ti windscreen.

Noel Hong

@arborrider08

Locale: SouthShore of Lake Superior

Brent, nice windscreen set up. On the BB I have been using heavy foil punctured with four holes and couple of the MSR stakes (note the scorch mark on my post photo) to hold everything together. Your spoke holder/Ti screen is much more elegant and lighter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools