Topic

Beer can pot stand

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Beer can pot stand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

What have you found to be the best stand for a beer can pot, such as a 24 oz Heineken can?

Ok, a Caldera cone is probably best, but what's second best, since I want to avoid buying one. :)

Phil O’Connor

@philoconnor

Locale: Oh ya know

go to -mini bull design-.com ( no spaces or hyphens) and mimic one oh his pot stands. hard cloth wire.

Kevin Beeden
    BPL Member

@captain_paranoia

Locale: UK

> Ok, a Caldera cone is probably best, but what's second best, since I want to avoid buying one.

MYOG Caldera Clone…?

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Fuzzy's Li'l Stove made from a V8 or Red Bull can is a good Heinie support and stove all in one.

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

Thanks for the helpful replies. I've settled on a hardware cloth stand for now.

Leon Pantenburg

@survivalsense

Get a piece of collapsible dryer vent, or a wide tin can, such as Dinty Moore beef stew comes in and poke holes in it for ventilation. The can bottom is particularly important if you're using it in snow or on wet ground.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools