Topic

Light and compact tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Light and compact tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Gropp
    Spectator

@dgropp

Last year I bought the lightest yet spacious tent for 2 people I could find for my trip to the himalayas – the Big Agnes's Copper Spur UL2.
    It weighs 1.7 kg and is very comfortable and has been used up to 5000m in quite a harsh enviroment.
    The only problem I have with the tent is that it takes lots of space when folded since the poles are extremely long.
    I wanted to replace my tent for a much smaller tent when packed. I don't mind if it's a bit heavier than mine. I checked out Nemo's tents and they seem to pack quite small, but I couldn't find info about their "andi" tent which seemed to be the best for me.
    Do any of you have advice for a nice and very compact, light (1.8-2.2 kg) and quite spacious (at least 100cm width) tent??

Thanks a lot, Daniel

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

E C

@ofelas

Locale: On the Edge

Bibler Eldorado.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Daniel, for packing up small, single skin tents are tough to beat. Perhaps check out Tarptent's Double Rainbow or Black Diamond's HiLight. I have the latter and it makes for a nice piece of alpine kit with excellent breathability thus far. The tent poles sections are rather short as well.

Anthony Green

@antgreen

Locale: Reading - UK

The girlfriend and I use a Tarpent Contrail. It fits two 3/4 length pads side by side without either of us touching the walls in the night, space in the vestibule for boots and kitchen, space at the foot for backpack. It weights 825g including seam sealant, guys, pegs and stuff sack, and packs down very small indeed.

The minimum measurements are 42" wide at the door, 84" long and 45" high – and this is how we use it, although you can extend the width and length if needed.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

You could order some new poles for your Copper Spur that fold up into a shorter package. QuestOutfitters and Fibraplex are two places where you can put together a custom poles kit and design it to be pretty much whatever length you want when folded up.

Richard Lyon
    BPL Member

@richardglyon

Locale: Bridger Mountains

Stephenson's Warmlite 2R, or 2C if you can take the shorter length. Not perfect but quite roomy. A hybrid single-wall/double-wall that's not freestanding. http://www.warmlite.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools