Topic

Ultra light, Ultra Cheap disposable Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support User Test Forum Ultra light, Ultra Cheap disposable Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Adams
    BPL Member

@stevemkedcom

Locale: Northwest

Ultra light, Ultra Cheap disposable Pack

Who needs Expensive Cuben fiber when the grocery store has free fabric

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Yes, free, but it tends to rip as soon as you put something in it.

I use those bags for picking up my dog's faeces (the "profanity" filter doesn't filter this term, probably thanks to the British spelling). I discovered some years back that it's a very good idea to double-bag this particular substance. Let's just say that I didn't notice the rip until I'd walked for a while with the bag tied to my belt!

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Awesome Stephen! Can you use these bags for cooking fuel too? And can you make shoes out of them?!?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Doug. You're close on the shoes. VBL socks anyway.

Stephen Adams
    BPL Member

@stevemkedcom

Locale: Northwest

This was my friends Idea when he forgot his day pack. I offered him my old 2lb day pack but he thought that was to heavy. It actually lasted for a 19 mile day hike from Stampede pass to Snoqualmie pass on the PCT yesterday. He says he is going to keep it for our next day hike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools