Topic

New Tenkara Rods

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara New Tenkara Rods

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James Wyrwicki
    BPL Member

@jim1233988

I found these while surfing around the internet. The rods come in sizes from 9' to 13', and have a flexiblity ratio of 5:5 or 7:3. I already have an iwana 12' and the hane but was considering the longer amago, but for half the cost i am really temped to try out one of these. Has anyone seen these rods before?
    http://www.allfishingbuy.com/Tenkara-Rods-Ultra-Light-Action.htm#site1

advice/ideas/insight?
    thanks,
    jim

Chris Stewart

@cm_stewart

I have one of their 9' rods and will have a review up on my site within a few days. Bottom line: like everything else under the sun, you get what you pay for.

James Wyrwicki
    BPL Member

@jim1233988

chris, i look forward to your review. Your reviews of the amago and the ayu, help push my decision to the amago. Although i would rather own both. But then i came cross the all fishing buy rods and wondered if anyone else was aware of them. thanks for your interest in tenkara, and the knowledge you share with the rest of us.
    jim

edit: very nice review. I knew it would not come with the case, but i was afraid that the cap was plastic. I think the amago is the way i'll go. One thought that i had, does the all fishing rod fit into a tenkaraUSA case? they sell them on the site. i think that the 24" is too long, but it was just a thought.

Chris Stewart

@cm_stewart

The butt cap is plastic, but if you don't drop it onto a rock that should not be a problem. To me, the possibility of a stuck tip section is a much bigger concern.

The All Fishing Buy rod does not fit into a Tenkara USA rod tube. The diameter is fine, but the tube is too short. I may try to make a PVC case for mine.

I think the Amago is a nicer rod, but then again it's twice as expensive, so you would expect it to be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools