Topic

Camping on National Grasslands

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Camping on National Grasslands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Does anyone know if you can camp anywhere on National Grasslands like you can do in the National Forests?

Kevin
    BPL Member

@kev8

I asked about it at the Buffalo Gap Nat Grassland office in South Dakota, and they said you could camp anywhere. I would think it would be the same for all the other grasslands, but I can not find any information on the USDA website.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Thanks Kevin. Yeah, their website kinds sucks. I'm interested in the Little Missouri National Grasslands in ND since I'll be passing through there on my way out to Montana.

I've tried to contact Buffalo Gap Campground twice already with no reply. We'll see if my call into another office gets some results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools