Topic

Pepsi Wide Mouth Bottles – Gone?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pepsi Wide Mouth Bottles – Gone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian Martin
    BPL Member

@xiled1

Locale: AZ

My wife and I have been using a pair(each) of Auqafina 1L widemouth bottles for over a year. They are light(1oz)and fit perfectly in the outer pockets of our packs. Since they are getting old and in need of replacing, I have been looking in the stores. Seems that Pepsi does not make them any more, at least around here. Is there any place to pick these up anymore? The Gatorades weigh the same, but are too wide for the pockets. They may have fallen victim to the 'Go Green', use less plastic movement.

Ben Froburg

@bfroburg

Locale: New England

I too have noticed this disturbing fact. I have looked everywhere, but to no avail. Its unfortunate for us, as these were the perfect water bottles. Looks like we'll have to adapt.

Phil O’Connor

@philoconnor

Locale: Oh ya know

Here in New York, specifically Western New York they have the pepsi products in the 1 liter form with the wide mouths still kicking.

Your best bet isn't the local bigger grocery store but smaller gas stations or little quick stops for items like these.

Colin Parkinson
    BPL Member

@parkinson1157

Locale: Ontario Canada

They disappeared in Canada over I year a go.

I went to NY state last October and bought a pile so I can keep using the perfect bottle.

Zachary Zrull

@zackcentury

Locale: Great Lakes

If I find some here in MI, I'd be willing to ship them out to you at $1.00 + 4% paypal + deposit. Shipping is also at your expense, of course.

I'm kidding, but thanks for reminding me about these bottles! I've noticed they're disappearing around here, though there are still some wide mouth 3L bottles. I've been using a 1L tonic/soda water bottle. You might want to check a Chinese grocery store for some obscure tea or juice bottle.

Brian Martin
    BPL Member

@xiled1

I've been looking at all the convenience stores locally, no dice. Heading up to Colorado next week, I'll take a look in the gas stations along the way. Maybe a few will turn up. Thanks.

Charles Grier
    BPL Member

@rincon

Locale: Desert Southwest

Take a look at the Schweppes 1-liter club soda and tonic water bottles. They are about 3.5" in diameter, 10.5" tall from base to tightened cap and they have an opening of about 1.25". They weigh about 1.6 oz and are as near bulletproof as I have found. I have used them for ten or so years and have never had one start leaking.

Thomas Baker
    BPL Member

@shake_n_bake

Locale: WY

>>>I've been looking at all the convenience stores locally, no dice. Heading up to Colorado next week, I'll take a look in the gas stations along the way. Maybe a few will turn up. Thanks.>>>

I can tell you that you will not find them in CO. But if you are willing to come to WY we still have them.

Richard Gless
    BPL Member

@rgless

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

In California most supermarkets and convenience stores have 1 L Dr Pepper bottles with a wide mouth. They weigh about 1.5 oz, but they last a long time. I haven't seen the lighter aquafina bottles with a wide mouth for some time.

Scott Bentz
    BPL Member

@scottbentz

Locale: Southern California

I have also noticed them disappearing. I have a stash of about 5. The one's I used to buy, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, seem to be with a small cap now. Bummer.

Brian Martin
    BPL Member

@xiled1

I found some at a quicky mart, up on the rim this weekend. They were A&W rootbeer bottles. Interestingly, they were marked with a date of July 12, 2010. I am assuming that is a sell by date. If so, they are probabl petty old – meaning that whatever we find is going to be a leftover, no new produciton. This should tide me over for another year at least.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools