Topic

disposable lighters with visible butane level?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique disposable lighters with visible butane level?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

If you have a Seal-a-Meal, you can vacuum pack a lighter and some tinder.

If you want a blowtorch for a lighter, try a Master Microtorch MT-5. It is adjustable for fuel mix (as in altitude) and has a hands-free feature. It is refillable and you can see the fuel level. I don't know how one would would do with a dunking. About 1.7oz.

Master Microtorch MT-5

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Dale,

What type of ignition does that lighter have?

HJ

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Without a doubt the most reliable is the Bic. The cheap clear ones will fail or leak on you when you need it most.

I find matches more convenient for lighting most stoves. I usually bring a book or two of the standard cheap matches on most shorter trips. Of course, it they get wet, you are screwed. With an alcohol stove, sometimes I only bring a fire striker.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools