Topic

Suggested base weight for a Ray-Way pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Suggested base weight for a Ray-Way pack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

What is the suggested weight for a Ray-Way pack? Not the Max.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I'm not sure if you are refering to the durabilty of the pack or your ability to carry it comfortably.

1. Comfort – If you're using a Ray Way pack with no hipbelt all the weight is going to be on your shoulders. Everyone will react a bit differently but from what I have experienced and from comments here, I would guess most people probably wouldn't want to put much more than 15 pounds.
    2. Durability – I can't comment on this because I've never used a Ray Way pack. My guess is your shoulders will get sore before you reach the packs limits.

Jeff Wright

@abhiker

Locale: ...

I have used a Ray-Way pack for four seasons. Mine does not have a hip belt. I have used it with up to 20 lbs total including consumables. At 20 lbs I find my shoulders get sore after a long day. At 15 lbs it is reasonably comfortable.

I have actually decided to go back to my old Granite Gear Virga for any trips with total weights of greater then 15 lbs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools