Topic

Hennessy Hammock Lines

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Hennessy Hammock Lines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I’ve been experimenting with a number of hammock ideas and think I may have come up with an interesting design that uses a single hiking pole as a spreader bar. I’m trying to make the design as light as possible and am looking for various choices for hanging lines. Until now I’ve used the Speer idea of the polypropylene webbing (which I still find the most convenient and all around most useful) and T100 Dyneema core 1/8 inch line (which is very light, strong, and compact, but tends to kink a lot and the dyneema strands tend to push through the polyester sheath, plus the polyester sheath tends to ride up the dyneema core). I’ve been wondering where I might be able to purchase the line that Hennessy uses in their hammock lines, or if anyone might have any ideas about other good lines.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools