Topic

3 oz. chicken packet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition 3 oz. chicken packet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Anyone have a source for 3 ounce packages of chicken?

Finding 3 ounce packages of tuna is easy and 7 ounce packages of chicken are around, but I can't find a small amount.

Seven ounces of chicken is just too much….

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I used to get mine from minimus.biz but it looks like they don't have them right now. I have heard you can get them in 12 packs online through Amazon though.

OTOH, a 3 or 5 ounce can with poptop also works. The cans are very thin these days – and weigh the same as the pouch.

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

That's good to know. I too have tried to find 3 oz packages of chicken with no luck. I'll look a little more kindly on the cans and try one.

Speaking of food sources, where can I find packages of dehydrated tomato soup and pea soup? The basic onion soup and chicken soup are at the grocery stores, but I can't find tomato or pea.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I buy a product called Knorr TasteBreaks. It is a powdered soup in a plastic cup. I remove the powder to carry and recycle the plastic cup. The one that I have now is Split Pea with a net weight of 1.5 oz. It is a little high on sodium, so I often cut it down with dehydrated Quinoa or instant rice.

I purchased this one from World Market for 99 cents for the individual serving.

–B.G.–

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Kathleen,

I used to find them at Safeway and Wal-Mart Supercenters. You could always use the Nile Spice soup cups instead though! Those you can find at Safeway, QFC, PCC, etc locally.

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Thanks, Bob and Sarah. I hadn't thought of looking for soup in the cups. I will definitely dump the cups if I can find what I'm looking for. I used to get dehydrated tomato soup in pouches in Norway all the time, but that was decades ago. Mayonnaise came in tubes like toothpaste, too.

Dale South
    BPL Member

@dsouth

Locale: Southeast

Target stores here stock them. I have been buying them there for years now.

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Well, I just checked Target. No chicken in pouches of any size. Then I checked World Market. No dried soups of any type. Back to mail order.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Kathleen, I will keep an eye out this week when shopping – but do check QFC/Fred Meyers if you can!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools