Topic

GooseFeet Logo Contest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GooseFeet Logo Contest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

In celebration of selling my 100th pair of down socks, I am setting up a contest for a new logo for my company.

You may send me a logo that you design, and once the contest ends, if I choose your design, you will receive 1 free pair of socks. If your design is not chosen, and I deem your entry to be a serious effort, you will receive 10% off any order through my website.

Please email designs to: [email protected]

If your design is chosen, the design is my property and you will have no rights to the design.

All submissions must be your own original work.

For example, one design I have thought of is: the word GooseFeet inside an oval with two goose footprints as the e's in feet. Feel free to come up with your own design, though.

There is no limit to the number of submissions, and the contest will end on Monday, July 12th at 11:59:59 EST.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Congratulations!

If I was a little more skilled at PS, I'd give a shot at the logo.

And if I didn't already have FF down booties, you'd be getting an order from me.

Be sure to post the winning logo when your done.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Congrats on the 100th, Ben. I just used mine and they kept my feet warm at 10,000' in the Cascades in a 35 degree bag (WM Highlight) camping on deep snow.

That is a great idea to have a logo contest here.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Less than a week guys!

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Ben, I think you already have the perfect logo: the goose wearing Goose Feet on your website! You could photoshop it a little more so the ends of the original webbed feet don't show, and there is software (I don't have it but I've seen it) that will turn it into the equivalent of a black-and-white sketch if that's what you want.

IMHO, it's impossible to improve on what you already have!

I received notice yesterday that my Goose Feet have shipped; I can hardly wait! Of course right now temps here in the Portland, OR area are in the 90's, so I won't be testing them for a while. I'm going to Wyoming's Wind Rivers in August, which will probably provide a really good workout for them!

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Mary,

I need a good logo that I can make a sticker, tag, etc. out of that's not too complicated. Thanks to Roger C. for hastily making the first "logo".

BTW, only 2 more days until the contest ends if anyone wants to try their hand at a logo.

– Ben Smith

Juston Taul

@junction

Locale: Atlanta, GA

NM

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Only one more day to enter!

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

4 more hours until the contest ends!

I will announce the winner tomorrow evening.

James DeMonaco
    BPL Member

@jdemonaco

Locale: PNW

I'm anxious to know :)

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Yep, I want to know too.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

It was a very hard decision, there were lots of great entries, but I have decided on Lee Fitler's logo:

GooseFeet

Thanks to everyone who submitted a design! Please contact me to get your coupon when you are ready to place an order: [email protected]

– Ben Smith

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

nice.

Juston Taul

@junction

Nicely done. Congrats on your acquisition as well.

Mr. Smith… can you please post the other designs that were considered. I'm sure their work deserves some recognition. Actually, I just want to see them. Haha! :D

William Johnson

@steamboat_willie

Very nice, Lee. Well done.

Ben Corner
    Spectator

@ultimatekiwi

Here's my submission:
    Goose Feet

It pales in comparison to the winning entry, but I had fun playing around with it!

James DeMonaco
    BPL Member

@jdemonaco

Locale: PNW

Congrats Lee, great design! :)

Here's my submissions, a bit bland.GooseFeetLogoSubmissions

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

When will the stickers be ready? Will one be included when a purchase is made? What about if you have already made a purchase for the booties?

By the way, I really like mine. All my backpacking friends were very invious of mine this past winter. Great warmth to weight ratio. Plus I really like how small they pack up.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Robert,

I will try to get some stickers made when I get back from my trips to MT and DC in early August. I will probably include one with every order from then on, but won't be able to send any to previous purchasers without maybe a $1 fee to cover sticker, postage, and handling. With more than 120 orders filled, I don't have them time or the resources to send one to all those guys.

– Ben

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

The other entries that were recieved:

goosefeet1

goosefeet2

goosefeet3

goosefeet4

goosefeet5

This last one was a very close second. (It was also done by Lee Fitler)

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

Thanks Ben. It'll be September when I place somemore orders. I plan on getting these booties for some friends as birthday gifts. I did receive the two pair I ordered from you last week.

Juston Taul

@junction

Nice job everyone. A lot of creative work put into this. I agree with the chosen winner, but it would have been a difficult decision for sure.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Nice little contest and suitable winner.

One suggestion is that you may want to remove the 'down socks for ultralight warmth' caption from the new logo if you plan on expanding your product line in the future. It's easier to do it now than to do it later and have to reprint stickers, patches etc. My wife loves her GooseFeet down pants:

GooseFeet Grey Down Pants

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Very nice entries. I like the winner aswell but all deserve a round of applause.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools