Topic

Replacement for Golit Vison input

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Replacement for Golit Vison input

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Sullivan
    BPL Member

@bustedchucks

I picked up a Golite Vision from Gear Swap here a couple of years back and it has seen lots of use, a good deal of which has been thick bushwhacking, so she's starting to show some wear and will need to be replaced at some point in the not too distant future.

I am really happy with this pack and would like to find something similar.

What I like about this pack:

-Size. 30l, and it compresses for smaller loads. I'd like to stay in the 25-30l neighborhood, so 1500-2000 in3

-Tough, light, and waterproof. Less than two pounds with full suspension, waterproof fabric and sealed zipper seams is really nice. And this thing has held up really well considering the abuse I've heaped on it. It is not unusual for me to bleed while hiking from doing battle with stunted spruce.

-Hydration compatible; sleeve for 100oz bladder and port.

-Suspension. Full frame, hipbelt and loadlifters. Back issues require that I put pretty much all of the weight on my hips, so I need a good suspension system on all my packs.

This one is a half panel loader, but I don't really have a preference for method of closure. I would like a main body plus a smaller pocket, but that is totally negotiable. Also I'd like a minimum of nonsense on the outside (daisy chain, ice axe loops) all they do for me is get caught on branches and hang me up.

I know a lot of you are way more well versed with whats out there, so I figured I run all this past you and see if there is anything that comes to mind. I appreciate any input, thanks!

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

How about a Golite Peak? Very similar specs.

Greg Padgett

@tmbandt

Locale: here and there

I wouldn't recommend scuba diving with this thing, but in my experience, it has proven to be very water resistant. It also has the best suspension I've been able to find on a day pack. YMMV there. Great features, really good price too. I like it so much that when mine wears out, I'll buy another one. Just throwing it out there.

http://www.rei.com/product/762506?preferredSku=7625060012&cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-7625060012&mr:trackingCode=C2874FFE-FB85-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools