Topic

John Muir Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports John Muir Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

1. Has anyone done the Muir Trail yet?

2. Is there any hope in trying, starting on July 20?

Thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was backpacking in the Muir Wilderness last weekend. Too much snow at 7000ft. Stream crossings where hazardous and I donated a couple pints of blood to the mosquitoes. All in all I had a great time.

David Neumann
    BPL Member

@idahomtman

Locale: Southern Oregon Coast

Yes, definitely. I began my SOBO JMT last summer on July 22. There is slightly more snow in the north this year than last, but less in the south. You will see some snow on passes, but nothing unmanageable. Creeks will be a little higher. Ice ax and crampons will not be needed, but a good pair of hiking poles will come in handy. Have a great hike.

catra Corbett

@dirtdiva

I will be starting the JMT July 25th from Whitney. I will link up the JMT, TYT & TRT. Should be fun.

The snow is melting fast. I wouldn’t worry about it. I did the JMT in 7 days last year because it was slow with all the snow. I plan on doing it in 6 days this year.
    Cheers,
    Catra
    http://www.trailgirl.blogspot.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools