Topic

Eddie Bauer 1st Ascent Jackets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Eddie Bauer 1st Ascent Jackets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Down and Primaloft jackets under $100. I found a promo code of "BAUER64" that dropped 15% off and the shipping was lower too. Got a 13oz down sweater for $89 including shipping & tax :)

http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Men/Outerwear–Blazers/First-Ascent/index.cat

"EVEREST" promo code gives free shipping on 1st Ascent stuff

Danny Wang

@gnawd87

I've been looking for a good deal on a lightweight down jacket. Thanks so much.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Cheap insulation is the hardest thing to find, IMHO. There's lots of rain gear floating around and tons of fleece, but finding good quality down or Primaloft stuff at a bargain price is tough.

I looked at these jackets when they first came out, but they were too rich for my taste. I have synthetic stuff for wet weather, but the compactness/weight/price, this should be a great cold/dry addition to my kit and a good boost to my summer sleeping bag.

richard stephens

@rbones

Thanks for the link. I've been waiting for these to go on sale since I first saw them in the store last winter. I got a sale advertisement in the male yesterday so stopped by the local shop today but they only had XL left. Then I get home and see this thread and try the website and…success Medium Tall on the way to me.

Dylan Snodgrass

@truenorth

Locale: San Francisco, CA

Thanks for the heads up. I have been waiting for these to go on sale as well.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Dale, where were you last Tuesday??

I already ordered one. I have to say that EB/1st Ascent have the very worst customer service I've found from a US company. I've emailed them three times to enquire about shipping and sizing and haven't received a reply at all. This is over a three week period.. I don't actually know what they have charged me to ship yet, and I put my order in four days ago, and it has shipped. I don't know what service they are using, or have a tracking number for it.

I've NEVER had this from a US company before, and I have to say, it's so bad it's pretty comical. I'm just hoping their product is better than their shopping experience.

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

I looked some over in a physical store a few weeks ago. Pretty good detail. Oddly enough this was in a shopping mall that also contained an REI. The First Ascent stuff looked like no one had ever checked it out-full racks. I wouldn't be surprised if it all gets discounted eventually . At the EB outlet stores (or factory let me out stores as I call them) they reduce things up to 75% off to dump them.

Manfred von Richthofen
    Spectator

@adama

Got one a couple weeks ago. The stores just ended their promotional pricing and tried to charge me $160. After jumping around and calling another store, then going in that store, having them call another store, and picking it up in that store, I finally got them to match the online price.

Now I'm wondering if a medium tall would be better than a medium. Anyone know the difference between these sizes? Medium fits me well–almost perfectly–but I would mind it going just a *little* but lower down my waist and the sleeves could stand to be a tad bit longer. It fits great as is but it leaves no room for "growth" and I except to gain a bit more healthy weight/muscle over the new few years. If the medium tall has just slightly longer sleeves and longer torso, then great!

*Note: for anyone else wondering about sizing, the medium fits me pretty well. 6' 150lb. If you don't have a belly, when zipped the jacket poofs around your belly–it's not made to fit a slender person.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Got the jacket yesterday. Happy camper! Scale weight for an XL is 13.6 ounces.

Sizing is "full" rather than "athletic," which in my case is a good thing.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

BAUER64 is still working ==> 15% off.
    BAUER618 also works ==> 15% off.

Thanks for the tip. I have no problem accepting 800 fill down for less. :)

HJ

John Z
    BPL Member

@feather

Clicking on the Downlight Vest showed a price of $39. Applying one of the 15% off coupon codes posted above would bring the price down to $33.15.

James D Buch
    BPL Member

@rocketman

Locale: Midwest

Only the code BAUER618 seemed to work this morning at 940AM CDT for the 15% off.

Thanks for the heads up!

Matt Jones
    BPL Member

@mjones

You might be able to get an additional 5% off using Bing cashback too. I wish they had my size in something other than red. :(

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

I picked up a couple vests and got free shipping to boot!

Joe Cangelosi

@joefish

Locale: All Over California

BAUER618 is still working.

Got 2 vests, not bad for 7 oz!

Mitchell Lieberman
    BPL Member

@rmlieberman

Locale: Lower Hudson Valley NY

Used code BAUER618. Had to pay sales tax!

Luke Moffat
    BPL Member

@alaska_lanche

Picked my wife and I up both a down vest.

She already had a quality down insulating coat so got her an ignitor coat.

I already had a quality snythetic coat, so I picked up a the 13 oz down coat. Pretty good to get it all for just over $200 when just the coats were going for $180 new!!! The BAUER64 didn't work for me but the BAUER618 did.

Thanks for the heads up

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

These were so cheap I could afford to order one for my dog (Eddie Bow-wow-er).

OK, so that's not true, but I did get a jacket and a vest.

LA Hiker
    BPL Member

@lahiker

Is it possible to combine the Free Shipping code along with the discount?

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Free shipping requires entering "SHIPJULY" in the box for the code; once you enter the 15% code, there's not a second box. For anything above $40 or so, the 15% discount is better. (For a jacket and a vest, I paid 8.95 in shipping, but received a discount of $18.52. The savings just about covered the sales tax.)

In either case, there was also a $3.00 fee.

The last time I looked, Jackets in medium and large were gone, vests in medium still available (7:00 PST).

William Johnson

@steamboat_willie

Thanks for posts, Dale, and others.

I picked up a XL vest in black, used 15% off code, and will see it within the week. I'll report back when it arrives.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

I was just notified that the jacket which I'd purchased is actually not available. Shouldn't have made that remark about Eddie Bow-wow-er, I guess.

Dont Wantto

@longhiker

Could you tell us which one you ordered that turned out to not be in stock?

A friend ordered a tall medium and if Eddie Bauer is going to cancel the order, he might be in a somewhat tight spot since a trip is coming up quick..

Jason Lande

@jtlande

Dunno where in Northern CA you are, but I was in the Eddie Bauer store at 845 Market Street in SF two days ago – they had both the down sweaters and the Igniter jackets in stock and on sale. They don't take the extra 15% coupon but it's still a good deal.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Dont & Jason–I ordered a medium, regular length, full zip jacket. When I placed the order, blue was available, black wasn't. The next day I got an email from EB saying no go.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools