Topic

Trail Food: Drying and Cooking Food for Backpacking and Paddling

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Trail Food: Drying and Cooking Food for Backpacking and Paddling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Josh Greninger

@thinkpol

Thoughts on this book?
    I'm looking to start dehydrating recipes and vacuum sealing them. Would this be a good book for a beginner?

Thanks!

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

The Complete Trail Food Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Campers, Canoeists and Backpackers is a title to check out as well. It came out this year. I picked it up recently (fair warning it has a different cover than Amazon shows!). They also authored a book just on dehydrating before.

Personally….if you want to learn all about dehydrating get a book on dehydrating – it will help more with times/heat settings and storage issues.

You don't need a book of recipes to make and dry – you can dry most anything. But if you want to use dried ingredients and make recipes, then yes, start looking at books.

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

Was actually reading through it today. It has good info, and it's not thick or hefty at all. You can pick one up on Amazon for next to nothing, and for next to nothing, it''s well worth it.

Definitely one of the 3 books I'd have on my shelf on the subject.

Anthony Alpert
    BPL Member

@goby99

Locale: Trinity Alps

I love Lipsmackin' Backpackin' Vegetarian meals. Here's the link to their first book that includes meat meals:

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

The Lipsmackin' series is really great. I love the Vegetarian book as well as the original.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools