Topic

Darn odd-ball feet! Help!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Darn odd-ball feet! Help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Stuart R
    BPL Member

@scunnered

Locale: Scotland

I too have odd size feet and a sizeable heel spur (Haglunds) one one, BUT I also have a shorter leg. The small foot is on the short leg so MYOG insoles works for me.
    I use 1/8" cork tiles (used to be popular for bathroom flooring) and cut to shape. I usually put a double thickness under the heel.
    The heel spur is harder to deal with – soft trail shoes are comfortable but wear out quickly, boots are stiffer and the heel suffers

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

Stuart: I've the same condition(i.e. one shorter leg, different sized feet.) Dave Page, cobbler in Seattle, has added 1/4 inch (can go up from there) to the outer sole of my left boot. That works in conjunction with an internal orthotic lift. I sing the praises of his work–and not just me.

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

Darn odd-ball wide feet!

Well using the tracing method my toe box is 4 7/16" wide and my heel is 2 5/16" wide.

Now I I know my toe box width lands me in the EE to EEE range but where dose my heel width land me?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> my toe box width lands me in the EE to EEE range but where dose my heel width land me?

In completely unknown territory. I don't think heel width is ever measured – except for custom footwear. Certainly the Brannock device has no provision for it.

My heel is 2.5" wide. I'm 4E width.

Cheers

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

Oh great, I have the wide feets that are two diffrent volumes.

God hates me, surely she does.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools