Topic

Crux Halo Top Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Crux Halo Top Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

Crux Halo Top Review

David Ure

@familyguy

Nice review Will. Is there a version with a hood? I find that there is significant warmth benefits for very little weight increase.

Lucas Boyer
    BPL Member

@jhawkwx

Locale: 38.97ËšN, 95.26ËšW

Nice to see a tall guy option on the market. Nothing worse than a belly shirt fit on an insulating layer. I do wish that the waist band was a draw cord vs. the stretchy elastic on these jackets. It just feels nicer to have the snuggest fit around the waist one can get. As for lack of a hood, I wonder if anyone has considered the old hood in the collar design. Sure, it wouldn't be insulated, but you could wear beanie/balaclava with it. I suppose the weight of zipper, fasteners, etc. might offset benefits, plus those hoods always look pretty flimsy. Looking forward to the rest of this series Will. Thanks for another gear review.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

do we have any actual measured numbers for the warmth of the MB EX vs. the Halo?

funny that a jacket with twice the fill would seem less warm ….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools