Topic

The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

Well, I got everything packed but the weather kept me from going anywhere this weekend. I took photos of the setup instead. Here are a few shots. There's more detail

on my blog.

Everything

On the bike

Don Meredith

lightpack.blogspot.com

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Don't your legs hit the Sealine bag under the seat??? You have great gear on that bike.

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

You're right, I did have some interference with my legs and the front of the dry bag. It wasn't bad but it did get annoying during longer rides. I've since upgraded to a proper seat bag from Eric at Revelate Designs (formerly Epic Designs).

brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

Hey Don, Where are you from?
    Were you going to be mostly offroad on your trip? Care to give any details about your destination or route? That sounds like fun. In june I had a planned trip end about 4 hours into it because of some severe map shortcomings. Picture this:
    "there is supposed to be a road here". "Son thats a cowfield, not a road" 103deg, low on water….10 more miles of unrideable foot deep white sand…logging trucks…
    I called my brother to come get me.
    Not to mention I could sure have used a granny gear.
    Brent

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

I'm just kicking around local rides for the most part currently (Columbia, SC). I'm scoping out a ride in the upper SC, GA, NC area for a trip sometime later this fall, though. I might just go hit my current nemesis, the TNGA route. :)

Sky Horne

@simplyalpine

Locale: Vagabonding..

Hit me up, I live in western north carolina and am diggin' a tour now that the weather is getting warmer.

[email protected]

check out my ride

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

We both ride singlespeed! ;)

DM

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

OK – riding across the US on a 36 inch unicycle? 11/10 for coolness

John Castro-Rappl
    BPL Member

@jabber

How's the Lynskey frame treating you? Saving up right now to try to build one up as a graduation present to myself.

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

John, hopefully I didn't wait too long to respond. Honestly, I can't recommend Lynskey. If you're interested in talking shop on bike frames I'm always game. I think you can get a lot more bike for your money.

DM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools