Topic

Colorado Trail thru/section hike partner – July/August 10

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Colorado Trail thru/section hike partner – July/August 10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dont Wantto

@longhiker

I live in NJ and am planning a CT thru-hike this summer (starting sometime between July 20 and Aug 10).

I'm trying to decide the start date based on 1. weather 2. availability of hiking partners.

Is anyone here looking for partners? How easy it was to find them? Do you know if it is easy to find people on the trail for each section?

I'm 27, male, in decent shape but am going to train for the next 2 months. I plan to take about 5 weeks for the entire trail i.e about 100 miles / week. In no hurry – I'm going for the wilderness and scenery. Might try to get it down closer to 4 – 4.5 weeks if I can train harder.

My girlfriend might be joining me at the very end of the hike (~ last 4 – 5 days).

I know this isn't the best forum for this but this is the one I am most familiar with. If people know of other places to look for partners, do let me know! (I know of a sub-forum on Whiteblaze and TrailForums.com.. neither seems very active.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools