Topic

Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    . .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

I would be interested in a lighter version (even though I haven't seen them in person yet – but I did place an order ;)…..especially in the smaller ones.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I received my 8" x 12", 9" x 15", and pack liner last week. I'm very impressed with the quality of workmanship and the weights. Mine actually weighed less on my kitchen scale than Lawson's stated weights. The pack liner came in at 1.6 oz., vs. the stated 2.0 oz. Sweet. By the way, the black isn't all that black–more of a dark silver-gray, depending on how the light strikes it.

For fun, I filled up the 8" x 12" bag with water and hung it up outside. It didn't leak a drop in over an hour. I'm a little nervous about the strength of the small buckle, however, and I like the beefier buckle of the pack liner (which is easier to work with, and with little additional weight).

As to using these bags for food hanging, I don't know. A stronger buckle would allow that I think, but I'd worry about critters breeching the material, strong as it is. I'm thinking that placing the bag inside an Ursack or Outsak would work nicely. A 12" x 20" bag would probably be perfect for this.

My 30 L. bag didn't quite hold all my stuff, and didn't match the interior volume of my Jam 2. I think a 45 L. bag would do the trick. Or you could use several of these bags, of different sizes for different things.

All in all, I think Lawson has come up with a very high quality product here, and it was a great gesture for him to offer the BPLers a nice discount.

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools